Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Leather Applique Pillow

Okay, so I know I already boasted about having the easiest project ever…but I lied!

This is the easiest project ever!!!
No, seriously, it literally takes you three minutes and twenty seconds…I timed myself.

All you need is:

A Pillow
A sheet of leather {found at most craft stores}
And a glue gun

Now, you may be asking yourself why anyone would want to take a perfectly good pillow and hot glue leather all over it.  And my answer is…because it's totally rad!

Imagine Spider Man without his spidey suit.  I mean, Peter Parker is perfectly adorable and fine, but the second he dons that spidey suit he is like Sah-weet Butter…am I right?

Ya, well, that's what adding leather to your pillows is like…Peter Parker vs. Spiderman.  And let's be honest, who wouldn't mind Spiderman hanging out on the couch in the living room?

Anyway, moving on!

I mean, this project is so simple it doesn't even need a tutorial, but I'll go ahead and briefly explain what I did.

I plugged in my glue gun and while it was heating up I cut my leather sheet in half lengthwise.  
Then I took my "ordinary" pillow and placed the leather pieces on it to get an idea of spacing.
By then my glue gun was hot, so I glue those babies into place and voila...

Spidey Pillows!!!


All said and done, this project only cost me $7 for the sheet of leather…and if you have a 40% off coupon well then it will only cost you whatever 40% off $7 is {which isn't very much}.

I'm pretty sure I'll be making another one of these {or maybe four or five} because they are so easy and look so good.  More to come on that later.

So, are your Spidey senses tingling now?  Ya, I think that means you should go make one of these leather pillows too!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people leave comments, but please keep your spam to yourself. Spam scares me.