Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Channeling Charlie Brown

I finished my dresser today. I was having a hard time deciding between the Swedish inspired dresser or the chevron stripe dresser, but the chevron stripe won out.

Rather than paint the stripes on horizontally, I opted to paint them on vertically just to be a little different.

I think the old gal turned out all right.

She was pleasantly purple before.



But here she is now...channeling Charlie Brown. {I know it's asking a lot, but try to ignore the uber distracting pink walls with random branches. I swear I will paint them...hopefully very soon.





Bold white lines just didn't seem to fit her style, so I distressed them a little with a sanding block.







Just the right blend of vintage and modern. I think she'll be happy in her new home. I have a few things left to do in the room...painting, as you already noticed and changing out the light. But I am hoping to be ready for a full reveal pretty soon. So, stay tuned.









8 comments:

  1. Love the look,wanting to find a dresser so I can try Chevron stripes,,,,,Do yo think to much for a wardrobe. I have one I painted in ASCP paris Gray,not selling and thinking maybe another try,Going to add shelves.I am finding wardrobes are a tough sale...I need to add you to my follow list...found you through....who else Marianne ...alias miss mustard seed.

    PS I started a BlOG I am learning....baby steps

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sideways spin on the chevron! I'm a chevron diehard! The dresser looks great! I featured it today!

    http://craptastickatie.blogspot.com/2012/03/five-feature-friday-30.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erika -
    Saw you featured on Craptastic! Love this dresser! Beautiful job! Would you stop by and link it up to my party? I would love to have you there!
    Stacey of Embracing Change
    http://staceyembracingchange.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. how fun is that dresser! i love it!! great use of chevron!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what fun
    to paint it out
    in chevron stripes

    and now it looks
    entirely lovely!

    alison

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave comments, but please keep your spam to yourself. Spam scares me.