Monday, April 29, 2013

Picturlicious!

All right, one more post before the vacay.

This one has absolutely nothing to do with home improvement or home design, but it is about DIY!!!

This little nugget of info changed my life...okay, not really, but it did give me the giddies.  I just now figured out how to manipulate my template to allow for ginormous pictures on my blog.  I'm sure many of you have been aware of this "blog changing" info for awhile, but there's no need to hate.  Some people {namely me} just move at a slower pace.

Anywho, for those of you have admired the big, luscious pictures on all of your favorite blogs and wondered "how do they do that" well, today is your lucky day because I'm going to fill you in.

To begin:
click on design tab in the upper right hand corner of your home page...on the navigation bar.





Then, click on the orange icon that says customize, you wil find it just below the "live on blog" image.

On the left hand side of the page, you will see a list.  Click on adjust widths.


You will notice now, that you can adjust the widths of both your entire blog, and your side bar.
 

The standard for my blog was 960 px for my entire blog width, and 310 px for my {right} sidebar.  I simply readjusted the total width to 1100 px and reduced the sidebar width to 300 px.  

This seemed to be the perfect size for allowing me to enlarge my photo uploads to extra large, without encroaching on my sidebar or distorting the picture.

You may want to play around with your widths a bit to find your ideal number, but once you do it will be totally worth it, because then you will have become a member of the "lusciously large picture" club.

Here's how big my photos were before

And here's how luciously large they are now.

Life changing right?  You're welcome!

Be good while I'm gone.  And I'll see ya when I get back.



2 comments:

  1. This made me smile. I admit a couple of times on my blog I have made my pictures so large they end up covered in text, oops! But some pics just need to be big!
    I seriously can't wait to see you vacation pics, so I am supper happy to hear they will be posted big and beautiful. Have a fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your site and your style! Awesome photo's! It also made me smile and lol as I am very new to this and am learning as I go.

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave comments, but please keep your spam to yourself. Spam scares me.