Thursday, July 15, 2010

Table and Chairs

Listen, I tried to come up with a catchy and creative post title and it just wasn't happening. So, I just went with straightforward instead.
So,here are my chairs and table...finito. I am not completely happy with the way the table turned out. The finish on the top is a little uneven. I suppose I could lie and say that I meant for it to be that way...that it just adds to the rustic charm I was going for. Eventually, I may have to sand the living crap out of the surface to get all of the old finish off and start again, but for now, it's done. Even though I'm not one hundred percent loving the table, I am totally loving the project as a whole. I think it is the perfect blend of funky and sophisticated...just like me-wah, wah, wah.
The poor girl, as you may have gathered however, has still not been invited to take up residence inside the house, but I'm certain the old man and I will come to an understanding soon...and by understanding I mean that me and a couple of gal pals will just move her on in while he's away at work. We all know that the last thing any man wants to do after a long days work is move around and reorganize furniture.
So, the plan is set. I will be sure to take a pic of the ole girl her new surroundings as soon as I can.
Drum roll please...

Now it's on to the next...my bedroom chair. All of the upholstery has been removed...not without a great deal of effort mind you. There were thousands of staples that needed removing and my poor wrist is paying for it now. I am convinced that to become an expert upholsterer you need only to go ballistic with a staple gun...which, I must say, thrills the crap-ola out of me. Reupholstering is gonna be way more fun than...deupholstering?
Also, I have great news! My besty Deni, totally hooked me up with the most awesome dresser. It's mid-century modern and has nine drawers and it cost me a whopping $20. I can hardly wait for you all to meet her. I am going to pick her up tonight and will be sure to introduce you tomorrow. The best part of all is that she is a beautiful dark wood and I am planning on keeping her au naturale...which equals little or no elbow (or wrist) grease.

1 comment:

  1. You crack me up! I wish I had the energy you do. Maybe I could at least keep my house clean... I want to come see it all! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave comments, but please keep your spam to yourself. Spam scares me.