Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Color Reveal

So, the planets must have aligned or something cause I was finally able to decide on a color to paint "my precious".
I know that I threw out quite a few options and coincidentally, I didn't end up using any of them. Though I think any and all options would have looked great, I ended up choosing a color not suggested. Here's why: white would not fare well in a home with five children; turquoise, although my most favorite color currently, would have been a little too bold (for the hubby), rust would blend in too much with the floor and black wouldn't allow for the cool details of the dresser to be seen.
So, the color I decided on is...drum roll please

Avocado green...or Ivy Leaf as labeled on the can.
I know, I know. It's a little bold too, but I think it works. It is most definately a statement piece. I love how you can see all of the spaces between the drawers. Look at her long, slender legs...
I needed to pick a color that would pop against the cinnamony color of the floor and the light wall color. I think this green works well.
Here's what she looks like in the room collectively.


The project ended up costing me $32 total. I spent $20 on the dresser itself, and $12 on four cans of paint. I didn't prime her, but gave her a good two or three coats of paint. Amazing what "one man's trash" can become.
Here's to then next project.

2 comments:

  1. i love it!! its like the exact same colors as our babys room!!! looks like its right out of a magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats so cool. I LOVE this blog--your style is great--I am signing on as a follower! Ann at http://housefinally.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave comments, but please keep your spam to yourself. Spam scares me.