Friday, October 4, 2013

Do you speak Ikea-nese? Cause check out my Kastanjenot.

I was smitten with this picture featuring a collection of beautiful hand woven baskets.
{source}
I love the colors and the graphic patterns on each basket, especially.

I had been wanting to incorporate a little more color and texture on a big focal wall in my living room and thought a collage of woven baskets would be perfect.
The only problem...

I had never been to Africa and didn't have a collection of handwoven baskets.

So, I tucked the idea away in the back of my mind and went on with life.  Then, one joyful day at Ikea I came across these...
Kastanjenot bowl 
{Don't you just love Ikeanese?  I'm getting fluent in it,}

This woven bowl is about 14 1/2 inches in diameter and about 6 inches deep and cost only $9.99.

A collection of these on a wall, as is, would be beautiful and interesting and textural but I wanted to add a little more color and pizazz so I channeled my inner "Martha" and got creative.

I used some craft paint and sponges and came up with my knock-off versions of the handwoven baskets featured above.











I'm still not quite finished with my focal wall yet, but I will reveal the completed project very soon.

In the meantime, if you looking for something beautiful and interesting to fill your walls why not try out some of these beautiful baskets?










No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people leave comments, but please keep your spam to yourself. Spam scares me.