Friday, July 6, 2012

Shut...err, Paint the Front Door

I've been a little agitated lately...presumably because my bathroom looks worse now than it ever did before and I haven't been able to enjoy my ritual of soaking in a hot, soapy bath whilst catching up on celebrity gossip for over two weeks.  I know it may not seem like a big deal to some, but I have come to rely on this little routine for maintaining my sanity. 

Yesterday, whilst changing out the laundry, I realized that my laundry room...though newly revamped and still totally awesome, was is need of a little color punch.  In an effort to relieve some built up stress I decided to paint the door.  And while it was no soak in the tub, it did offer my mind a few moments to forget about the "pit of despair" {aka. my bathroom} for a good forty-five minutes and concentrate on less "moldy and messy" issues such as...which cupcake flavor is my favorite- strawberry shortcake
or salted caramel...an internal debate I constantly battle.  Forty-five minutes was nowhere long enough to come to a decision, but was more than enough time to work up a nearly uncontrolable cupcake craving.

Here's what the laundry room looked like before...that mass of white on the left is just begging for some color dontcha think?
 

And here it is now with a buttery, yellow door... does it remind you of delicious, lemony frosting or is it just me?




It's funny how something as simple as painting a door can change the whole mood of a space.  The yellow door in the laundry room makes it feel much brighter and cheerful...which could come in handy, especially on the days I find myself trudging through mounds of stinky, dirty laundry.

If you have a space in your house that could use a little something extra in the area if color, why not consider painting a door in a fun, bright hue. 



1 comment:

I love it when people leave comments, but please keep your spam to yourself. Spam scares me.