Sunday, June 19, 2011

How Do I Love Thee...



Let me count the ways...at least 20 of them {in no particular order}.


I love...
1. that you stay up every night til midnight watching Burn Notice with me even though you have to get up for work the next day.

2. that you appreciate how gorgeous Jude Law is even though you're a guy.

3. that you understand a woman's need to hang with her girls every once in a while.

4. that you are still married to me even though I am a horrible cook {with the exception of my homemade chicken noodle soup}.

5. that you still love me; wrinkles, flab, stretch marks and all.

6. that you aren't too proud to play monster chase with the kiddies at the park.

7. that you haven't kicked me to the curb even though I've filled your garage with other's people's junk.

8. that you love clothes shopping {probably more than me}.

9. that you will let me take a nap when you've been working outside all day and are probably just as tired.

10. that you put up with all of my projects.

11. that you let the girls put make up on you and do your hair.

12. that you will still roll down hills with the kiddies...even with your good clothes on.

13. that you aren't to shy to sing {really loudly, I might add} when you have your head phones on.

14. that you finally finished our deck so that none of the kiddies would fall to their death{it took 2 1/2 years, but better late than never}.

15. that you aren't afraid to show your weeknesses {spiders}.

16. that you don't care if I laugh when you trip {then ask if your okay later}.

17. that you cook the kiddies warm, balanced breakfasts on the weekend.

18. that you share my affinity for soft cheese.

19. that you surprise the kiddies and I with cupcakes for no reason {you're an angel}.

20. that you never make me feel like a failure when you get home from work and the house is a mess, the kids hair still isn't done and I haven't started dinner yet.

Babe, even though you have no idea what the name of my blog is, I will still proclaim my love for you. You are the best hubby and daddy in the whole world. Sorry all you got this year was a lame shirt, but I promise to make it up to you next year. Happy Father's Day.

And to my own father


I love you too. I am grateful for inheriting :

1. your love of music.

2. your love of documentairies.

3. your love of bologna and olive loaf...not.

4. your love for meat...and cheese...and meat wrapped in cheese.

5. your love for laughter.

6. your love of A Christmas Story.

7. your love for late night snacking.

8. your love for keeping busy.

9. your love for British comedy.

10. your quick wit and humor {although mine may not be so quick or witty}.

I know you probably won't read this either, but I wtill want you to know how much I love you and how much I appreciate all that you {and mom} sacrificed for me when I was younger. I will never be able to thank you enough. Happy Father's Day.



























7.

1 comment:

  1. that is so cute!.. Love your projects!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave comments, but please keep your spam to yourself. Spam scares me.