Friday, September 20, 2013

Two for One

I apologize for not getting a post up on Wednesday.  To make up for it, I decided to do a two for one special today...a W.O.W Wednesday and Fab Find Friday post combined.  
Yee haw!

I have this long, narrow hallway in my house that leads down to all of the main floor bedrooms.  It has no natural light and tends to feel a dark and drab and boring.  It has been needing some attention for awhile, but I've had a really hard time deciding what to do...until now.

Meet my fabulous finds!



I found all of these frames this last week at my local thrift store {except for the gold guilded frame on the far left which was a 50% off find at Hobby Lobby}.

I immediately thought they would look great lining the walls

I love the combination of all of the dark wood and gold together.  I thin the bunch of them look great just sitting on the ground, leaning against the wall...almost like art.

But because the space I plan on using them in is a long hallway where a lot of foot traffic occur, it just doesn't make sense to leave them on the ground.  We are clumsy bunch without the help of booby traps or tripping hazards, so it makes much more sense to put them far, far away from our feet.  So, they will go...you guessed it, on the wall instead.



I can't wait to get started on my hallway.  At this point anything would be an improvement.  Hopefully a reveal will be coming up in the very near future.

In the meantime, I am resorting to all of you for your "Words Of Wisdom" regarding what you think I should do with the frames.

Do you like the natural, "collected over time" look of the frames as they are.  Or, do you think they would look better painted a single color for a more cohesive look?

And, if you do vote for painting, what color is your current fave?  I think if I were to paint them, I'd probably go with Navy blue...my current flavor of the week.






2 comments:

  1. The navy blue would look clean but the way they are would look collected. I have a gallery post on my blog where I used a combination of different frames. You can check out how it looks. Mine were literally whatever I found around the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I was thinking. I am leaning toward just keeping them natural, just because I like the "collected" look. I think the wood and gold tones are so warm too.

      Delete

I love it when people leave comments, but please keep your spam to yourself. Spam scares me.