Friday, September 27, 2013

Thai Marbeled Paper!!!

Have you all been noticing the natural stone influence in interior design lately?
The motif is pretty much everywhere and I love it.  Natural, earthy elements like stone always seem to bring a warmth and comfort to a space.  They are also great for little pops of color.

I absolutely love these agate bookends.
{source}If you don't much care for actual stone, you can bring in a softer side of it with these marbled look throw pillows.{source}


I think these decorative boxes are so chic.  They are the perfect accessory for a nightstand or bookshelf.
 {source}

These milk jugs even got in on the marbled action.

The movement in this wallpaper is great.  I'm not sure I could handle a huge wall of it, but I love it in small amounts.

 Well, my fab find today is this marbled look paper.  I found it online for about $1.25 a sheet.  

I bought a couple sheets just so I could see what it looked like in person and was pleasantly surprised by how beautiful it was.









I have all sorts of ideas running through my head on what to do with the paper.

First up might be a little make over for this little guy I picked up at the thrift store the other day.

And then, since it is so pretty to just look at, I might frame some of it for quick, easy, beautiful artwork.

And finally, now that I know where to buy it...here, I might buy a few more sheets and use it to wrap some books {like we used to wrap text books, ya know} for a more decorative and sophisticated look on the bookshelf and just to have on hand for if inspiration hits me.

I'll just go with the flow and see where the paper takes me I guess.  Check back Monday to see!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people leave comments, but please keep your spam to yourself. Spam scares me.