Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Look What I Found

I totally meant to hop on here last night and give a shout out Becky over at Knock-Off Decor for featuring my {Anthro Knock-Off} Chevron Striped Lamp Shade, but I've been a little off my "A" game due to puking kids.  I'm on kiddo number three and I imagine "it" probably won't stop until "it" {whatever this freak springtime virus is} has had a chance to infect the rest of us.  Good times!!!

Before the plague hit our house Saturday evening however, I had a chance to stop by my neighborhood thrift shop...which for the record, I do not "pop tags".  

It would seem that famine had struck, as there had been nothing but crappola lining the aisles for weeks.  So, imagine my delight when I came across a pair of these babies.  They were $15 each.
Wood,wicker and tufting all in one...I am in love.

While I actually don't hate the gold, I fully intend on reupholstering the chairs and giving them a fresh, modern update.

Here are some {inspiration} chairs I have been eye balling for awhile...note the navy blue velvet.  Yum!

The Clybourn Loft Chair from Target- $379.99

The Everett Armchair from West Elm- $499
The Elton Chair from West Elm- $499

I can't wait to get started on this little project.  I've never actually upholstered a chair before.  Well, I started reupholstering a chair a year or so ago, but then started on another project and never finished it...cause that's how I roll.

But I swear I will finish this one.  I'm super excited to see how they turn out.  Any and all reupholstering tips/advice welcome!!!






2 comments:

  1. Great buy! Those will be lovely! Hope the plague leaves soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh can't wait to see how it turns out! I follow another interesting blog called All Things Thrifty, she's got what seems to be a good tutorial for re-upholstering chairs! Have a look: http://www.allthingsthrifty.com/2013/02/quick-upholstery-tips-and-tricks-for-you.html

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave comments, but please keep your spam to yourself. Spam scares me.