Sunday, November 27, 2011

Catch Up

I have been such a slacker. I can't believe that both Halloween and Thanksgiving have come and gone since my last post.

There is a lot to catch up on.

Not too long ago, I received news that a close friend of mine from high school had passed away from breast cancer. It came as quite a shock and was very sad news, as she was only 35 years old. Every time I think about the holiday's, I think of her cute family and I get a lump in my throat. My heart aches for her husband and four, sweet kiddos as they prepare to experience Thanksgiving, Christmas and the New Year without her. I take comfort in knowing that she is in a better place and that she is still watching over her family in spirit and that they will all be together again someday.

Just before Thanksgiving, my sweet grandma passed away. She was 102 years old and lived a wonderful, long life. But somehow her passing still came as a surprise. I think I had begun to believe that she was invincible and would live forever. Needless to say, the Thanksgiving holiday was a bittersweet one for my family and I. Her passing brought together almost all of my immediate family and most of my extended family members. Grandma was always planning parties and get together's...and this past Thanksgiving was her final hoorah I suppose. While I will miss my grandmother daily, again, I know she's in a better place; catching up with her sweetie pie who has been waiting for her for 43 years. I can't think of a sweeter reunion.

Consequently, these recent events have caused me to really think about what's important in my life. And for me that is my family...although throw pillows are at a close second. I made the choice to put my personal interests on hold for awhile as I focused on just being with my family, creating memories that didn't involve a paint brush or power tool. I am finally feeling ready and motivated to get back to the ole blog. It feels good to write again. It's like cheap therapy. I'm just sorry that you all have to be on the receiving end of it.

All that said, I hope you all had a spooktacular Halloween and a gut-bustin' Thanksgiving. I'll be back soon...no really, I will.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people leave comments, but please keep your spam to yourself. Spam scares me.