Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Winner... and a New Project.

The winner is...hammered nickel! I have to give a big thank you to everyone who left comments. I was really tempted to try out the red and yellow suggestion, simply because I am all about doing the unexpected. If I were keeping Angelina for myself I probably would have painted the hardware a rusty orange color, but because she is going to the shop I decided to err on the more conservative, so I opted for silver instead {it's still unexpected, but not too in your face}. It was a really hard decision between the black and silver, but when it came down to it, I really liked the contrast of the silver on the black. I will really miss Angelina {though it will be nice to finally have the room to pull the cars into the garage now}. But, I am really looking forward to the next project...perhaps something I could call Brad, so that Angelina doesn't get lonely.
I ended up glazing the hardware so that it wasn't so brash.

I think it looks so much better now.


Here's a better pic of the glazing. And here's the full monty




And now for the project I have in the pipelines. It involves a certain, simple, Swedish bed {nice alliteration, eh?} and some faux, white leather. Here are some other clues:


My mind is swirling.


Square?


Slightly rounded?


With nailhead trim?


Or really big nailhead trim?


Or just simply tufted?

Decisions, decisions. Fortunately, these are the kind of decisions I like making. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people leave comments, but please keep your spam to yourself. Spam scares me.