Saturday, February 16, 2013

View Into The Garage

Studs and I were very happy and relieved with the appraisal that came back on our house a few weeks ago. 
With that news, we've decided to move along with a couple of big renovating jobs, the first of which is the master bathroom.
The last time I brought up the master bathroom, the topic of black mold came up also.  And while the mold issue has been neutralized and {hopefully} taken care off, the bathroom hasn't seen much change. 

Studs gave me complete creative control and I was more than happy to get started.  Here's the view in the garage at the current moment.
That's my new European style, pedestal tub.  I am already dreaming about breaking it in with a delicious cupcake and good book or magazine.  The boxes there, they are my new vanity.  Yes, I have to assemble my own vanity.  Tis the price one has to pay sometimes to stay within a budget.
Here's what it will look like out of the box and put together.  Studs and I agreed on this vanity together.  I allowed him a little bit of say on it because, well, at the end of the day it is his bathroom too.
We decided to use a combination of two tiles in the bathroom.  A faux wood plank tile for the wall behind the sink and also for in the shower...It's Kaska brand in white-$2.79s.f.

{available at builddirect.com}

Here's an inspiration pic of what it will {hopefully} look like in the shower.
Contemporary Bathroom design by San Francisco General Contractor Jeff King & Company

And then some gorgeous pebble tile for the floor.  This stuff can be really pricey.  I found mine at the Home Depot for $9.99 s.f.  But, I've seen it upwards of $20 s.f.  This tile was our "splurge". 

But isn't it amazing...like a foot massage everytime you step foot into the bathroom.

Here's another picture of it on the wall because it's just that awesome.  Did I mention that I am totally in love with this tile?
Contemporary Bathroom design by San Francisco Interior Designer Fiorella Design

Well,we are off to a pretty good start.  Now if we could just get the stuff off of the garage floor and into the bathroom.  I am super excited to document the stages of the renovation so you can see my horrible "eye sore" of a bathroom transform into delicious "eye candy".






1 comment:

I love it when people leave comments, but please keep your spam to yourself. Spam scares me.