Friday, August 9, 2013

Friday's Fabulous Find...$4 Ikea spice racks

I was super excited when I came across these $4 spice racks at Ikea recently...mainly because they were $4, which is less than $5, which means that whatever it is, it is a smokin' good deal- at least in my book.
  

The other thing I love about these spice racks is their multi-functionality.

They are perfect for, well, spices.

But they also make great book shelves for a child's room or playroom.

But they aren't just for kids.
They are also perfect for a bathroom and housing some light"adult" reading material.

And if you flip the rack upside down you're left with *GASP* a shelve AND a book/magazine rack combined.  Seriously, for reals.  Check it out.


This little arrangement could totally work in any room of the house.


And can I just tell you how life changing this could be for me?  Right now I have all manner of books and play things just shoved under the kids' beds.  Whenever the kiddos need a specific toy, they pull out every single item until they find what they are looking for.  Naturally, navigating their bedroom can become quite tricky with a floor covered in tripping hazards.  I sometimes like to imagine that I'm Indiana Jones at the end of the third movie...you know the one where he's searching for the holy grail and has to pass a series of booby traps to get to his final destination?  Any who, I won't have to imagine any more because these little babies have now provided a way for me to showcase their favorite toys, while simultaneously de-cluttering the space beneath their beds and also the entire floor.  I almost feel organized...almost.  

So as you see, not only are these spice racks functional, they can also save lives...and all for less than the price of a decent hamburger.







2 comments:

  1. This is a great idea! So fun and functional. I'm loving the pink and gold wallpaper you found.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing!
    Happy weekend!

    Jenny

    http://simcoestreet.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave comments, but please keep your spam to yourself. Spam scares me.