Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Dollar Store Di-cuts

Long time no post, lovely peeps.

I'm sorry for my absence, but I'm happy to be returning to you {shingle} free and feeling much, much better.

I'm not sure what it's like in your {neck-o-the-woods}, but here in SLC the mornings and evenings are getting quite brisk...almost like fall is coming. 

And to celebrate this impending transtion of seasons, I have a couple easy, inexpensive and festive projects to share.

I happened to come across some of these lovelies at the dollar store the other day.
They are but simple paper di-cuts.

But look at some of the awesome things you can do with these babies.  I had so fun looking for ways to deck my {fall} walls with these.
Fun and Festive Fall Wreaths {nice alliteration eh?}





Festive silhouette art

surprise silhouette lampshades
{now you see him}
{it looks even better when the room is pitch black}

{now you don't}

Spooky silhouette bookcases

It's fun to look around and see unexpected surprises like these staring back at you.  I'm all about gaudy Halloween decor, but sometimes it's nice to incorporate something a little more subtle and sophisticated.


I spent a total of $2 on all of these projects {$1 on the spider dicuts and $1 on the owl dicuts...12 dicuts included in each package}.  I used existing lampshades and picture frames and the materials needed for the wreaths I already had on hand.  Not to shabby,eh?
That just goes to show, that you don't have to spend a lot of money to get your house Halloween ready.  Let the haunting begin!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people leave comments, but please keep your spam to yourself. Spam scares me.