Sunday, December 26, 2010

Who-bilations

I hope everyone had a {wonderful} holiday. I can't believe it's all over and that there are only a handful of days left in 2010.

I took my own {suggestion} this year and tried something new for the holiday. Judging by the family's reaction it might become an annual Christmas event.

Instead of having a boring, old Christmas dinner, I decided to have a "who" {as in Dr. Seuss} themed Christmas dinner. Dressing up was {optional}, but strongly {encouraged}.

The menu consisted of: Roast beast {pork loin with a balsamic raspberry glaze}, "who" hash {mashed potatoes and gravy}, "Grinchy" green beans {green bean casserole}, sweet "Cindy Lou" potatoes {mashed sweet potatoes with a brown sugar streusel topping} and mini "Mount Crumpet" pie {Schaum torte}.

I neglected to take pictures of all of the delicious food. What was I thinking?

But, I'll leave you with a few pics of the family in all of their "spect-who-cular" glory.






Is it just me, or does Quinn look like a cross between {Cindy Lou Who} and {Jane Austen}.



This is all the "who do" I could muster out of this little one. Aw well, maybe next year we'll have more to work with.



Then someone had to go and break the tape out and things got really "who"gly.



I think I see my brain.




"Who"ishing you all the best this {holiday season} and the upcoming N"who" Year!!!

5 comments:

  1. hahahahaha...this is such a cute idea!!

    love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. blahhhhhhh hahahaha! This is great. What a fun idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh, you finally have your ski sloped snout you've always wanted ;)lol!...LOVE this idea, Erika. Next year, I'll a be expecting Carter to be dipped in green, and Beckham sporting a deer horn in the middle of his head. Haahaaa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! Hahah so funny - love the tape.

    I just found your blog last night via DIY Showoff and I love it!!! I stayed up so late going through all of the fun ideas. Definitely going into my favorites. Thank you for sharing all of your fabulous ideas.

    Happy New Year!

    God Bless,
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave comments, but please keep your spam to yourself. Spam scares me.