Sunday, October 24, 2010

Retropolitan: The Shop


So, I briefly mentioned a few posts back that I had opened up a little shop with a good friend of mine.
It's really no big deal... just a way for us to showcase some of our work and hopefully be able to support our habit.
Our shop is unique in that we carry a little bit of old and a little bit of new...and little bit of old made new.

We are located in Sandy, Utah...688 East Union Square.
Here are a few pictures of some of my favorite things in the shop right now. I have a few special projects I'm working that I can hardly wait to show you, so stay tuned. And now...

Retropolitan, The Shop







My knock-off Anthro lamp, of course.
And another knock-off Anthro lamp my friend made. I love the shiny, silver base.

I absolutely love this dresser. I was a little depressed when it sold.


I love the wrought iron knobs

and subtle details









I love this dresser too. Not as much detail, but aren't the wrought iron pulls gorge?





And, of course, I had to incorporate something with numbers.



Of course, we had to have some vintage platters on hand for picture frames.

I love this vintage teaspoon rack. If she doesn't sell soon I might take her home.

I was drooling over this old trunk. It already sold. Another piece I was sad to see leave.
I hope you enjoyed your tour. If you are ever in the neighborhood, we'd love to see you.

8 comments:

  1. Awww, congrats!!! Love that trunk too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow so great!!!! I want to have a little shop like this some day! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, love it!!! Can't wait to come see it in person!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am s happy for you. Your shop looks divine, I would so love to shop in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't beleive you said this is no big deal! looks like you've been doing it for years:) your shop looks amazing! I hope it does well and If I am ever in Utah I'd definately make sure to stop in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's a big deal, dude. and it's awesome. good job. love yer guts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The shop is adorable and affordable and fun. Deni and Erika have done a fantastic job of displaying their incredibly awesome retro remakes and I am the proud owner of one darling white/pink dresser. I couldn't resist!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your shop. It is actually a dream of mine to have such a shop, and if I did, I would want it to look exactly like yours. I pray that it is a success for you. I have a pretty good business background. If I can ever give you any advice, please give me a holler. I want you to succeed.

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave comments, but please keep your spam to yourself. Spam scares me.