Sunday, August 29, 2010

Halloween Garland-Tutorial

Kay. I've made it pretty clear how I feel about fall...Halloween specifically. But in case you didn't already know, I love, love, fah-reakin' love Halloween.
I love making all sorts of crafts and decorations for the holiday and I'm always looking for something fun and new.
Here's a simple and festive tutorial on how to make a Halloween garland that will totally get you excited everytime you look at it.

First you need to decide on a salutation: Happy Halloween (a little bland, but it works). Perhaps, All Hallow's Eve, Boo To You, Eat, Drink and Be Scary or Trick or Treat.
Once you've settled on your wording you can start gathering supplies. For this project you will need.
Letters...which I just enlarged and printed off the computer.

An assortment of scrapbook paper.

Some embellishments...buttons, stickers, ribbon etc.

A glue gun.

Twine...or something to sting your garland on to.

To start, cut out all of your letters and set them aside.

Next, cut squares/rectangles out of your scrapbook paper. Make sure they are large enough to fit the letter and some embellishments.


Arrange all of your squares and letters.

Layout all of your embellishments.


Once you have everything the way you want it, start glueing.

You can stop here, or mount the squares on a contrasting piece of paper, like I did.

If you have distressing ink you can add a little of that around the edges for a more vintage feel.


Finally, punch holes in the upper right and left corners of the squares.

Then string them onto your twine.

You can hang this baby just about anywhere, on a wall, above a door, over a mantle...
And it costs only dollars to make. Bonus!!!

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh, I LOVE it! Was looking for a garland project for our Halloween party, this is it. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave comments, but please keep your spam to yourself. Spam scares me.